Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Borges!!

Jorge’s Luia Borges’s short stories have been read throughout the world, and most recently in the classroom. His psychoanalytic writing styles have sparked an awakening within me to the fact that the concept and nature of time can create an alternate reality. Also he proves that the power of imagination can take on a form of its own to make it believable to the person creating to illusion. In Borges’s short story “Gospel According to Mark”, he criticized the Catholic Church in Latin America. After reading this, I agreed with his message of the lack of knowledge of within the church. We are so far in depth with the science aspect of the supernatural, instead of the faith segment. In the short story “Emma Zuntz”, Borges explained a reality that a girl created to avenge her father’s death. I’ve been in the position where I had intensified a particular situation and created a plan to set up an individual. I believe his writings are images of the truth where the struggle of intellect and ignorance, purpose of art and the power of the imagination co exist.
“Nadie rebaje a lágrima o reproche,  Esta demostración de la maestría, De Dios, que con magnífica ironía, Me dio a la vez los libros y la noche.” - Jorge Luia Borges
Nobody should think that I, by tear or reproach, make light Of the mastery of God who,
With excellent irony, Gave me at once both books and night.

1 comment:

  1. I like your comment about the psychoanalytic nature of these works. He really does present some pretty interesting characters with difficult dilemmas. I am interested in your comment, "We are so far in depth with the science of the supernatural instead of the faith segment." I have no idea what you mean, but it sounds like it could be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete